Sunday, February 20, 2022

The Haunted Attic

52Frames2022 Week 07 "Unexplored" 

So, it’s been over a year now since we moved into our new home which is located about one-half mile from Kennesaw Mountain National Battlefield Park. Since I have read a few books about the Battle of Atlanta, I am pretty sure that there were troop movements through the area where we’re now living. Which brings me to this. I heard a sound, as though something fell, coming from our attic. That would not be that unusual since I do have the habit of randomly stacking things on top of each other. I decided to investigate. Now, most of you, who listened to me on the radio, know that I’m not one to embellish or fabricate stories. (Okay, I have been known to do that on quite a few occasions. Matter of fact, former NBC news anchor Brian Williams takes a back seat to me when it comes to inventing amazing tall tales.) Anyway, as I slowly opened the door to our attic, I was confronted by what I can only describe as … a spirit from beyond. Was it a soldier from the Battle of Kennesaw Mountain? Was it a former land owner from days gone by? Or, was it me attempting to finish my weekly photo challenge which is … “Unexplored?”

No comments: