Monday, February 7, 2022

Break on through to the other side

52Frames2022 Week 05 "Black and White"

"You know the day destroys the night … Night divides the day … Tried to run … Tried to hide … Break on through to the other side" – The Doors

I noticed this elderly couple hiking a trail in Kennesaw Mountain National Battlefield Park.  They were near a monument and walking a path toward the forest.  I quickly (as fast as an old man can) set my shutter speed at 1/13 of a second using auto ISO and deliberately moved my camera up and down.  In post processing, I converted to B&W and made adjustments in Lightroom and Nik filters.  I liked the final look of an almost watery trail, with web-like tree limbs, mysterious white blocks and a chain fence leading line.  This photo can be interpreted in many ways, but I immediately thought of The Doors song.  Let me know what you see. 


No comments: