Thursday, February 28, 2008

What to do ... what to do?

I am at a crossroads in life. I really don't want to relocate away from Georgia and I really would like to remain on the radio airwaves here in Atlanta, but let's just say that my phone has not been ringing off the hook. (The fact I haven't paid my phone bill since October may have something to do with that?) So, whenever I make a life altering change in my life, I put my trust in the hands of people who I know will point me in the right direction ... complete strangers. That would be you! So with that in mind, please take part of this week's poll question ... "What should I do with my life?" I am in no real hurry, but an answer by next week would be good. In the meantime, it's back to cleaning out the basement. By the way ... "cleaning out the basement" is NOT one of choices in the poll although my wife thinks it should be.

4 comments:

Bill Naivar said...

Dang Spiffo. I know that Atlanta radio has jst gone through one of their "let's re-invent ourselves" moments, and I had hoped that there would have been room for a goof like you (and I mean that in a good way).

Keep plugging away. We're keeping you in our thoughts.....and some of us should be ashamed of ourselves.

Spiff said...

Thanks Bill. And, you're right ... you should be ashamed of yourself ... for many, many things!

Anonymous said...

I think the problem that you face, Spiffo, is that the folks who make the important programming decisions in local radio, are as short sighted and gutless as their Network TV equivalents. The result is a bland, dumbing down of the overall output to the point where every radio station now sounds the same.

I can't see a role for your kind of individuality within that structure. I think you'd stand a better chance with Satellite Radio, where some level of individuality is still encouraged.

Regards,

Terry

Spiff said...

Thanks for the kind words Terry. You are correct in that the radio industry has drastically changed the past ten years or so. I'm still hopin' to land on the airwaves here in Atlanta because this is now HOME for me and with the business as crazy as it has been, I don't want to relocate and end up unemployed again in a year.