Sunday, March 5, 2023

Bee all that you can Bee

It is springtime in Georgia. Temperatures rising, Pollen counts going higher, birds building nests, trees and bushes blooming, and bees buzzing around like they are on holiday. I was lucky enough to see this bee strolling (not flying) across our driveway. So, I got busy as a bee, ran inside the house, and grabbed my camera. I knelt down as close as possible to the little fella (close as possible for an old man who only has a 50-50 shot at getting back up after kneeling down,) and fired off a series of photos with a shutter speed of 1/5000 of a second. Imagine the embarrassment of this bee, being photographed after going out into public without shaving its’ legs. Oh, the horror. 

I showed this photo to my wife, who said, "that's a honey of a shot."



No comments: