Monday, March 27, 2017

The Politician's Heart

Once upon a time a doctor tells his patient, “I’ve got bad news and good news for you.”
“Give me the bad news first,” the patient says.
“You need a heart transplant immediately,” replies the doc.
“What’s the good news?” the patient asks.
The doctor says, “I’ve got two potential donors. One was a 23-year-old vegetarian who won a gold medal in the Olympic marathon. He was run over by a truck while training. The other was a 53-year-old lifelong politician who weighed 230 pounds, smoked four packs of cigarettes and ate a two-pound steak with buttered potatoes every day for 30 years. He was shot by an irate constituent."
“I’ll take the politician's heart,” the patient says.
“Why would you want to do such a thing?” asked the doctor.
The patient replies …

“I want a heart that hasn’t been used.”

No comments: