Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Star Wars: The Force Awakens



I was lucky enough to see Star Wars: The Force Awakens twice on Tuesday. Let’s just say that during the first viewing the “Dark Side” was the winner as the theater suffered three power outages (the first lasting an entire hour) and we entirely missed the final five minutes of the movie. However … The Force Awakened thanks to Disney and Regal Atlantic Station with a second showing that included free drinks and popcorn. And let me just say … The “Force” is indeed strong with this one! I confess that I enjoyed the original three Star Wars movies much, much more than the latest three. And “The Force Awakens” took me right back to where the fun began. Good storyline, popular characters, plenty of action, humor, a touch of a love story, lots of cool looking aliens and enough references to the early movies to bring plenty of laughs to the room. Even with the power outages during the first showing, I really enjoyed this movie. The plot may have been somewhat predictable and familiar, but there are some surprises as well. Without the interruptions I enjoyed “The Force Awakens” even more! It did help though seeing the final five minutes which, and I don’t believe I am giving anything away here, left it wide open for episode eight. I am already looking forward to that one. I’ll just make sure I call Georgia Power ahead of time to let them know when I’m heading to the theater to see it. Han Solo summed up this movie for me when he and Chewbacca stepped onto the Millennium Falcon and said, “Chewy … we’re home.”


No comments: