Thursday, February 23, 2012

Remember


Whitney Houston has been gone for almost two weeks now.  I am sad she passed in such a tragic way.  She was an incredible talent.  However, the media coverage of her death and life has been non-stop.  Our society’s fascination with “celebrity” is simply amazing.  (I should know.  I was once part of that media.)  Today I made a stop to remember some people who did not get even close to the media coverage when they passed away.  No special “look back” at their lives … no two-hour live coverage of their funeral … no individual tributes during award shows.  Perhaps these people did not want any special recognition.  Perhaps they were just proud to do a job that allows us to spend our time idolizing celebrities.  Perhaps I will stop by and see these amazing people more often.   (Marietta National Cemetery)

4 comments:

Scott said...

Good call and good stop, Spiff....I've been there and it's quite a reminder of how many people have gone before us and help us be able to enjoy the things we do!

Kathy said...

Oh, Spiff......you make my heart "full". Thank you for that.

Spiff said...

Thanks Scott and Kathy.

Anonymous said...

These people are the true heros and the ones who have EARNED our respect and our gratitute. Thank you for reminding us all of that!